How to Firmware Upgrade a Yealink Phone from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams
- Big Data, Business Phones Systems, Business VOIP, call center, Call center Systems, case study, category, Cloud, cost, CRM, Digital Transformation, Door phone, IP Phones, ipphones, partnership, PBX, Protection, SIP, ternds, tips, trend, video, video conference solutions, video conference systems, Video Conferencing Solutions, VoIP, VoIP Phones, VPN, yealink
- 16 Jan, 2019
This Month Yealink were the first phones to be certified and generally available for Microsoft Teams. The 3 certified Yealink phones, the T58A, T56A and CP960 can all actually run as Skype for Business phones or Microsoft Teams Phones.
Moving forward Microsoft will enable updating of Microsoft Teams phone firmware directly from Office 365, but if you want “swap” a Yealink phone from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams, here are the steps.
If you prefer a nice video of the Yealink Microsoft Teams firmware upgrade process, view this video
In this case, the phone used was T58A, but the steps are the same for all devices
1) Login to the Yealink phone web admin console via a Browser
Yealink phones have a web admin console. You can find the phones IP on the phones settings menu
Navigate to that IP in a browser
The default username password is admin / admin.
2) Download the Yealink Microsoft Teams Firmware and Upload it to your Phone
You can download it directly from the Yealink site, you don’t even need a login
T58A Teams: http://support.yealink.com/documentFront/forwardToDocumentDetailPage?documentId=261
T56A Teams: http://support.yealink.com/documentFront/forwardToDocumentDetailPage?documentId=262
CP960 Teams http://support.yealink.com/documentFront/forwardToDocumentDetailPage?documentId=260
Ensure you have the right firmware for your device, navigate here and upload the firmware
3) Licence Upload – Not required if moving from Skype for Business
Note, if you are moving from Skype for Business, you should not need a licence. I was moving from a Teams beta firmware (which didn’t need a licence) so I needed to upload a feature licence. If you need a licence Yealink will have a portal, but for now, it’s a manual request process. If you need it best to contact your Yealink device provider.
4) The phone will boot into Microsoft Teams setup process
It will start asking to specify some user options such as language and Microsoft account data and whether the phone is for a user or for a meeting room…etc
Al-voip.com offers all Yealink products with installation and operation services at very special prices - Contact us now (920013450)