Why VoIP is a Cost-Effective Alternative to Traditional Phones?
- Big Data, Business Phones Systems, Business VOIP, call center, Call center Systems, case study, category, Cloud, cost, CRM, Digital Transformation, Door phone, IP Phones, ipphones, partnership, PBX, Protection, SIP, ternds, tips, trend, video, video conference solutions, video conference systems, Video Conferencing Solutions, VoIP, VoIP Phones, VPN, yealink
- 16 Jan, 2019
What is VoIP?
• Voice over Internet Protocol is a technology which allows voice communications over the internet instead of a traditional phone.
• Telephone services availed using this service is known as internet telephony, IP telephony or voice over broadband telephony.
VoIP uses codecs to encapsulate audio into data packets, transmit the packets across an IP network and unencapsulate the packets back into audio at the other end of the connection. By eliminating the use of circuit-switched networks for voice, VoIP reduces network infrastructure costs, enables providers to deliver voice services over their broadband and private networks, and allows enterprises to operate a single voice and data network.
Advantages of VoIP over Traditional Phones
• The most important advantage of VoIP is the low cost of calling because calling is done over the internet.
• VoIP doesn't need additional hardware, so setup takes negligible time.
• VoIP has multi-functionality which includes call Forwarding, call waiting, paging, group calls, and speed dialing that can be customized easily to support business of any size and type.
Market Growth by VoIP
• As per the report by persistence market research, the market of global VoIP services is predicted to reach US$ 194.5 Billion revenue towards the end of 2024.
• VoIP is becoming more and more popular and it is used by 22% of households with internet connections.
• Increased productivity and reduced call cost.
• Improved communication quality and enhanced coordination.
• Supports modern features like mobility and portability.
Difference between VoIP and Traditional Phone